This recipe comes handy as a quick snack or even breakfast. Its also called as omelette sandwich. Popular snack in malaysia and you can find this in most of the night markets around here. My husband loves it the most. It's not only easy to make but very tasty too. Most children loves Roti John and I named mine as MINI ROTI JOHN coz it's about 1/3 size of the original version. I used gardenia's hotdog bun for this as its very soft in texture. Ok let's check out the clicks and the super simple recipe.
^ MINI ROTI JOHN / OMELETTE SANDWICH ^
6 -Hotdog buns ~ I used Gardenia's
1 fistful - chopped coriander leaves
1 fistful - grated carrot
1 tbsp - chopped onion ~ optional
1/2 tsp - paprika powder / meat curry powder / chilly powder (use either one)
1/3 tsp - ground white pepper
1/3 cup - milk ~ I used full cream dutch lady milk (optional)
salt to taste
- In a large bowl break in the eggs and add in all the other items except the butter and beat till mixed well. Set aside
- Heat up a nonstick pan and lightly grease it using butter
- Cut open all the hotdog buns lengthwise and keep aside.
- Pour a spoonful of the egg mixture onto the pan and spread it into a rectangle shape and place the buns open side down to stick onto the half cooked egg omelette.
- Cook using med-low flame till the egg is fully cooked and flip it over and cook for another 2 mins if you wish to.
- Transfer to serving plate and repeat the same till all buns are cooked.
- Spread on some chilly sauce/mayonnaise sauce/thousand island sauce/black pepper sauce and serve immediately with a cup of hot drinks.....yum yum!!