Ok back to my recipe for today....yummylicious CRISPY LIME FRIED CHICKEN. The original recipe belongs to a cook from a restaurant...and it was passed to me by my sister K. I loved the tangy taste in the fried chicken and decided to try it on my own. As usual I did some alteration to the recipe and here you go the photos and recipe. The beauty of this fried chicken is you don't need to marinate it for hours and even 30mins is good enough coz the use of lime juice in it will get rid of the raw chicken smell, makes the meat tender and of course gives the chicken a nice tangy taste. I didn't give any accurate amount of the ingredients coz I just added on the go....please do adjust it according to your taste. Do try it out....it's so crispy and tangy!!
^ CRISPY LIME FRIED CHICKEN^
500gms - chicken parts ~ cut into medium size
1 - lime
black peppercorns - crushed
paprika powder ~ as needed (may use chilly powder too)
cumin powder ~ as needed
coriander powder ~ as needed
turmeric powder ~ as needed
ginger garlic paste ~ as needed
shallot paste ~ as needed
salt to taste (kind reminder ~ kentucky flour is salt added)
gram dhal flour/kadalai flour/tepung kacang kuda
rice flour/tepung beras
oil for frying
- First wash and pat dry the chicken pieces.
- Add in the ginger garlic paste, shallot paste, salt and squeeze in the juice of the lime. I used 1 lime and if you wish you may use only half of it. Mix well.
- Throw in the crushed peppercorns, paprika powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder. Mix again.
- Leave it aside for about 15mins and add in the flour - gram dhal flour, rice flour and ken deep fry the chicken pieces in small batch over medium flame.
- Drain the excess oil before serving. ENJOY!!!