Hi friends, how are you today?? Hope you are in good health and in good mood as well :-) Sorry for missing in action for sometime now.......anyway, how did your FATHER'S DAY celebration went on yesterday?? For us it was a quiet celebration at home and I baked a rainbow marble cake as a treat for Mr. Hubby for teatime......he told me strictly not to get him any gift and therefore I baked this colorful cake to let him know that he brought so much of color to my life!! His simplicity really attracts me.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY BIE
You have always been a wonderful father to our boys!!
Love you always :-)
After enjoying the cake for tea break we took my father out for dinner at KHUNTAI RESTAURANT KLANG.... The restaurant is located quite deep inside but after tasting the food there....I think the drive was worth while....mixed tomyam soup was so delicious with the right amount of sour and spicy taste. Stir fried asparagus with shrimp, noname fried chicken, thai sauce steam fish and deep fried calamari was among the other dishes that we ordered...nice food, cozy environment and very reasonably priced!!
OK then back to my rainbow marble cake....check out the clicks and the super simple recipe....my boys loved the cake because of its colors...do try it and let me know how your turn out to be ok....enjoy!!
150 gm - butter ~ I used buttercup
100 gm - margarine - I used planta
5 - eggs
230 gm - castor sugar
250 gm - self raising flour
1 1/2 tspn - vanilla essence
4 types of food colouring - I used indigo, yellow, pink and apple green
- Beat the butter, margarine & sugar until pale in color and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla essence & break in the egg one after one while the cake beater is still on.
- Stir in the flour to the mixture and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four different bowl and add in the food coloring. Set aside.
- Grease the baking pan with little butter ( i used 9 inch) and stick the cut out baking sheets to the pan for easy removal of the cake later.
- Pour in a scoop of the colored mixture one after one using your own creativity until the mixture finish.
- Bake for about 30 mins or until done at 160 degrees. ENJOY!!