Another vegetable stir fry recipe for this week. Romaine lettuce taste good with garlic and oyster sauce combo. For those vegetarians you may use the vegetarian oyster sauce. Best to be served while hot....check out the clicks and the super simple recipe.
^ STIR FRY ROMAINE LETTUCE WITH GARLIC OYSTER SAUCE^
2 bunch - romaine lettuce - peel each leaf & wash
1/2 carrot - cut into thick strips
3 cloves - garlic ~ cut into strips
1 - red chilly ~ optional
1 tsp - fried shallots
2 tbsp - oyster sauce
1/2 tsp - dark soy sauce
ground white pepper ~ as needed
salt to taste
Corn flour mixture
1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 1/3 cup water
- Fill up a deep pot with water added with a little sugar and few drops of oil. Bring to a boil.
- Add in the washed romaine lettuce and carrot strips into the boiling water and within 30 seconds you will see its color change to bright green.
- Switch off the stove. Drain out the lettuce and carrot from the pot and arrange it on a serving plate.
- Take a small sauce pan. Add about 1/2 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Add in the garlic, chilly, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, salt and ground white pepper. Stir to mix and check seasoning.
- Reduce the heat and add in corn flour mixture and keep stirring.
- Off the stove once the sauce thickens. Pour over the sauce onto the lettuce and sprinkle some fried shallots. Serve immediately.