Ok peeps... lets check out the clicks and I too have uploaded a photo of this vege for those friends who are out of Malaysia. :-)
* KANGKUNG / CHINESE WATER SPINACH ~ tks to mr.google *
^ KANGKUNG GORENG BELACAN / STIR FRIED CHINESE WATER SPINACH WITH SHRIMP PASTE ^
1 bunch - kangkung/chinese water spinach
2 - fresh red chilly
1 - medium red onion ~ chopped
2 cloves - garlic
1/2 tsp - shrimp paste
1/2 tsp - udang geragau / acetes
salt to taste
sugar to taste ~ optional
- Cut the kangkung to about 1 inch long. Soak in salt added water. Rinse and drain. Set aside
- Using a mortar and pestle (or a food processor) pound the onion, red chilly, garlic and shrimp paste to a semi smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok. Throw in the pounded paste and stir fry till aromatic.
- Add in the acetes and fry till it gets a little brown.
- Reduce the flame and add in the drained kangkung.
- Stir to mix and season with salt and sugar.
- Dish out once the stem looks a bit soft. DO NOT overcook the kangkung.
- Enjoy with a plate of hot white rice!! :-)