Helo friends, how are you today?? I'm glad to be able to upload a post that's been pending for sometime now. I'm sure many of you would not miss to order this dish whenever u pay a visit to any chinese seafood restaurant. It's so simple and soooo yummy....good choice for my boys too!! :-)
Check out the clicks and my recipe.....super simple to make...and if you don't have a claypot it's ok....just use any deep pan to make it and serve using a bowl/plate of your choice! :-)
^ CLAYPOT JAPANESE TOFU ^
2 - japanese tofu / egg tofu ~ cut into 1.5cm thickness
tapioca flour - as needed
corn flour - as needed
1/2 tbsp - chopped garlic
1- knorr chicken broth cube
1 - egg ~ lightly beaten
3 tbsp - oyster sauce
1 tbsp - thick soya sauce
1 tsp - sesame oil
1/3 tspn - ground white pepper
100g - minced chicken meat ~ I didn't have stock
1 small bunch - scallion / spring onion - cut into 1/2 inch long
water as needed
salt - optional
sugar - optional
- Coat the sliced tofu with tapioca flour and deep fry in hot oil.
- Dish out and drain the excess oil using kitchen towel.
- Heat the claypot with a little oil. Add in the chopped garlic and minced chicken meat (if using) and fry till aromatic.
- Reduce the flame and add in water needed for the gravy.
- Bring it to a boil or until the chicken meat is cooked and add in the chicken broth cube, oyster sauce, dark soya sauce, sesame oil, salt, sugar and ground white pepper.
- Stir to mix and check the seasoning. Adjust if needed.
- Add in the cornflour mixed with a little water to thicken the gravy.
- At this point add in the beaten egg and same time stir slowly to get the egg to blend with the gravy.
- Throw in the fried japanese tofu and scallion.
- One last gentle stir and that's it....time to eat!! :-)
For readers out of Malaysia, here's a photo of the chicken broth cube which I used for this recipe...