Hello everyone....how did your weekend went on?? I had a fantastic time with my siblings during my father's 76th birthday dinner last sunday at my parent's home. Mum made her trademark dish...spicy chicken curry to accompany plain briyani rice...Sister J made juicy fried chicken and everyone loved it!!
I love corn and any food which contains corn...this dessert is one of my favorite and its super easy to make!! I came across this post by muniramira86 on corn custard layered with cheese crackers at myresepi.com.... Hhhmmm sounds interesting so I tried it out and the custard tasted so creamy and marvelous!! Tks to muniramira86!!
For me this dessert is best served cold.....lets check out the clicks and recipe!!
Btw, so sorry I totally forgot to take a click of the custard once its been cut......Calls after calls and I was so busy cooking some other side dishes to bring to mum's house......eeerrrrrr....just realized now when i'm checking my photo folder to upload now...:-(
^ CREAMY CORN CUSTARD WITH CHEESE CRACKERS ^
Original Recipe by : Miss Muniramira86 of Myresepi.com
1 can - creamy sweet corn
1 can - evaporated milk or fresh milk ~ i used evaporated milk
1 can - water ~ i used about 2/3 can
4 tbsp - custard powder ~ i used 5 tbsp
5 tbsp - sugar (adjust to your taste)
salt to taste
3 tbsp - condensed milk ~ optional
1 tsp - vanilla essence
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep pot and stir to mix.
- Place it on the stove and use low flame.
- Keep stirring till the mixture becomes thick and shiny.
- Remove pot from the stove.
- Arrange a line of cheese crackers in desired tray.
- Pour a layer of the corn custard to cover the crackers and repeat the process for another one of two layers.
- Ensure that the top layer is covered with custard.
- Let it to set and cut to serve. Enjoy!!