Happy Monday everyone.....ppphhheeewwww I have been super busy since new year....After new year celebration with beloved family and visiting siblings and some close relatives....I had to prepare for my boys first day in their kindergarten. Both were excited with their new bags, uniforms etc. Time really flies....I and hubby took leave from work to ensure that our boys were comfortable with their new environment....:-)
After three days of new routine for the boys at the kindergarten, both were looking forward to be at home during the weekend......all new routine for the four of us now and I kind of like it...:-)
Back to my post today, I cooked all these dish for lunch yesterday and our chief guest was my parents. DEEP FRIED FISH WITH TANGY SAUCE, CRISPY THAI SESAME CHICKEN, STIR FRY CHINESE CELERY / PAK CHOY IN GARLIC SAUCE and SPICY SOY SAUCE EGG SCRAMBLE......everyone enjoyed the lunch and the spicy soy sauce egg scramble was made by Mr. Hubby!! Training from me...:-)
This egg recipe come from my mum...very simple but satisfying!! Spiciness from the bird's eye chilly and the sweetness from the sweet soy sauce gives it a very nice taste!!
^ SPICY SOY SAUCE EGG SCRAMBLE ^
4 - large eggs ~ lightly beaten
1 - onion ~ cut into rings
bird's eye chilly ~ slit into two( I used about 6 chillies)
sweet soy sauce ~ I prefer Tamin brand
salt - according to taste
ground white pepper
- Season the beaten eggs with salt and ground white pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan.
- Add in the onion rings and fry till a little brown in colour.
- Reduce the flame and add in the bird's eye chillies (adjust quantity to suit your taste)
- Give it a stir and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Let it cook a while before making it into scramble eggs.
- Before you scramble add in the sweet soy sauce (2tbsp)
- Increase the heat and keep stirring the eggs.
- Add in another 1 to 2 tbsp of soy sauce, mix well and dish out. Serve hot with any mild gravy of your liking (sambar, keerai kadaiyal) and hot white rice.....yum yum!!