A big hello to all of you....I'm just after giving a new look to Art Of Arusuvai...new look for new year!! :-)
Here's the recipe of the fish that I made last sunday together with the other dishes. My husband loves it when i cook fish like those that we can find in the chinese seafood restaurants....I'm not an expert in chinese food but somehow or rather the food that I cook would taste not too bad....I'm surprised too :-)
Practice makes you perfect is my motto!! Hahahahaha!!!
Alrite then come on let's check out clicks first...and then the recipe
^ DEEP FRIED FISH IN TANGY SAUCE ^
1 whole fish - cut open and cleaned ~ I used golden snapper - red version
(rub in and out with salt and a little lime juice to avoid any fishy smell)
Flour mixture :-
3 tbsp - Tomyam paste
2 tbsp - lime / lemon juice
1 tbsp - chilly sauce
2 tbsp - brown sugar
water as needed
salt to taste
Cilantro / coriander leaves - chopped @ u may substitute with mint leave
Red chilly - cut into desired size
1 - red onion ~ cut into rings
- Mix the flour and salt in a large plate and coat the fish well using this flour mixture.
- Deep fry the fish until it's well cooked inside and a little crispy on the outside.
- Transfer to a serving plate.
- Heat about 1 cup of water in a sauce pan and add in all the sauce ingredients. Bring it to a boil and you may thicken it using some cornflour. (I didn't add in cornflour)
- Top the fish with the onion rings and pour over the tangy sauce.
- The onion will get a little soft because of the hot sauce.
- Garnish with the cilantro and red chilly....serve immediately with white rice!!