I marinated the chicken a few hours before frying it to give it a nice flavour. It calls for simple ingredients and you can also make it with boneless chicken fillets too!! I'm sure your kids will enjoy this yummy chicken!!
Lets check out the clicks....
^ CRISPY THAI SESAME CHICKEN ^
400gms - chicken ~ i used meat with bone
3 tbsp - sesame seeds ~ dry roast
1 - large onion ~ cut into rings
Lingam's chilly sauce
Thai chilly sauce
1 tbsp - cornflour ~ optional
3 cloves - garlic ~ grated
2 tbsp - ginger juice
2 tbsp - meat curry powder
ground white pepper
3 tbsp - scallion ~ chop fine and pound it
1 tsp - chilly flakes ~ optional
1/2 - egg ~ lightly beaten
salt to taste
Flour mixture :-
4 tbsp - corn flour
5 tbsp - rice flour
pinch of salt
- Marinate the chicken pieces with the marinate ingredients and set aside for at least an hour.
- In a separate bowl mix in the flour mixture and set aside.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a wok.
- Toss the marinated chicken pieces to coat well with the flour mixture and place it on separate plate for 2 mins.
- Repeat the flour coating process again if needed (in case if your chicken pieces have absorbed the first time flour coating)
- Deep fry the chicken till well cooked and crispy.
- Transfer it to a serving plate.
- Meantime heat a small sauce pan and add in required water for the sauce. I added about 3/4 cup of water.
- Add in the Lingam's chilly sauce, Thai chilly sauce and plum sauce. Adjust the amount according to your taste.
- Season with a little salt and sugar if needed.
- Bring it to a boil and thicken with some cornflour if your like the sauce a little thick.
- Pour it over the fried chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle over the roasted sesame seeds and garnish with the onion rings.....voila one super simple delicious chicken dish is ready!!