Ok friends, lets check out the clicks and recipe....
This click isn't very clear....sorry!!
Rolled Tart @ Tart Gulung
Another view of Rolled Tarts...
^ PINEAPPLE JAM TART ^
1kg - pineapple jam
500gms - wheat flour/tepung gandum
300gms - butter ~ i used buttercup brand
3 - egg yolks (two for the dough and one for the topping)
yellow coloring - optional
1 tspn - vanilla essence
1 tsp - icing sugar
salt to taste
Method : -
- Using the hand mixer, beat the butter till it becomes pale in color and add in the icing sugar and two (2) egg yolks and beat again till fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla essence.
- In another bowl add in the flour and salt and mix well.
- Add the flour into the butter mixture and knead using ur hand. Do not over do it.
- Keep it aside covered for 15 to 20 mins.
- Meantime, using a teaspoon as a measurement spoon to get an even sized jam, scoop the jam and roll it to a ball.
- Place the jam balls in the fridge for about 15 mins before in use.
- First i made the rolled tart @ tart gulung coz the dough texture is just right for this.
- Place the jam fillings and brush with colour added egg yolk.
- Bake for 15-20mins or until the top is golden brown in colour.
- For the flower tart I used the same method but the flour I added about 50-100gms more to make the dough a bit hard so that when i cut using the flower mould it comes out clean.
- I too brushed the dough for the flower tart with egg yolk before placing the jam.
- The flower tart baked between 15-20mins.