Its been a very busy week for me as Diwali is nearing.....lots of things to be done and on top of that its raining almost everyday!! UUURRGGHHH!!! Getting stuck in jam is like a everyday routine for me now.....and I somehow will get wet in the rain while trying to get in and out of my car....even with the help of an umbrella!! I'm not saying that I hate rainy days but this weather is making it difficult for me to finish my chores in time especially now.....when i have the time, the weather doesn't permit me to go out....haaiiissshhh!!!
Anyway, how are all of you doing today?? I just had my lunch....and with a happy tummy I'd love to share a well known food recipe called MEE GORENG MAMAK.
INDIAN-MUSLIM also called as MAMAK in Malaysia are very famous for their briyani, nasi kandar@curry rice, rojak@pasembur and stir fried noodles etc. As i mentioned , it's a cold weather season now at my place so I thought it will be perfect to taste the spicy MEE GORENG MAMAK !!
check out the clicks and then the recipe.....
^ MEE GORENG MAMAK / INDIAN-MUSLIM STYLE FRIED NOODLES ^
500gm - mee kuning / yellow noodles
200gms - medium sized prawns ~ shelled and cleaned
2 - tauhu / tofu ~ deep fried and cut into medium cubes
200gms - fishball ~ cut into half and deep fried
2 - eggs
1 small bunch - sawi / mustard greens ~ cut into 1 inch long
2 - red chilly ~ chopped
3 tbsp - udang gerarau / acetes ~ soaked in hot water
4 tbsp - chilly paste
2 tbsp - fried shallots
1 medium onion - pound
3 cloves - garlic - pound
3 tbsp - chilly sauce
2 tbsp - tomato sauce
2 tbsp - oyster sauce
3 tbsp - kicap lemak manis / sweet soy sauce
salt to taste
water as needed
- Drain the acetes and pound it into a paste
- Heat a little oil in a wok and scramble one egg and set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil and add in the pounded onion and garlic. Fry till onion is slightly browned and add in the acetes paste.
- Reduce the heat. Add in the prawns and cook for 2 mins. (prawns are marinated with a little sugar and ground white pepper)
- Add in the chilly paste and fry till oil separates. Throw in the fried fish balls, fried shallots and chopped chilly. Give it a stir.
- Add in about 1/3 cup of water.
- Season with salt and add in the chilly sauce, tomato sauce, oyster sauce and sweet soy sauce. Bring it to a boil and add in the green mustard's stems first followed by the yellow noodles.
- Mix well and cook till the gravy become thick.
- Break in an egg and let it cook a while before you stir to mix.
- Then, add in the fried tofu pieces and balance green mustard. Stir well.
- Check the seasoning and dish out.
- Top it with the scrambled eggs and serve immediately.