According to some source Kam Heong means "Golden Fragrance". I know this may sound like a new dish to some of you.....it calls for some simple ingredients but the taste is really good.....I love this...give it a try!!
^ KAM HEONG CHICKEN ^
500gms - chicken meat ~ i used boneless meat
1 - large yellow/mumbai onion ~ cut into wedges
curry leaves - as needed
10 - dry chilly ~ cut into two
5 - bird's eye chilly ~ i used as whole
1 - medium red onion ~ pounded
3 - cloves of garlic ~ sliced
For the sauce :-
2 tbsp - meat curry powder
2 tbsp - tomato sauce
3 tbsp - chilly sauce
3 tbsp - dark soya sauce
2 tbsp - black pepper sauce ~ i used life brand
2 tbsp - oyster sauce
sugar - optional
(Mix all the sauce ingredients with a little hot water in a bowl and set aside)
- Marinate the chicken meat with a little salt, sesame oil, ginger juice, an egg, ground black pepper, corn flour and a little rice flour.
- Deep fry the chicken until cooked and set aside.
- Heat 3 tbsp of oil in a wok.
- Add in the pounded red onion, garlic, dry chilly and curry leaves.
- Fry till aromatic and add in the sauce mixture. Stir well and cook a while.
- Reduce the heat and add in the fried chicken, bird's eye chilly and yellow onion wedges.
- Keep stirring as the sauce gets thicken.
- Check the seasoning and dish out.
- Serve hot with white rice.