KWAY TEOW or FLAT RICE NOODLES is a popular noodle in Malaysia. It is flat rice noodles of approximately 1cm or 0.5cm in width. I love it stir fried......of all the notable version, PENANG CHAR KWAY TEOW is the most famous in Malaysia. Tks to Mr. Wikipedia for the info.
This was one of the meals which I prepared over the weekend..... When its weekend, I become a super woman......coz from morning till bedtime I'll busy with all sort of work at home but I must say that I truly cherish each moment that I get to spend time with my beloved hubby and sons ...my toddlers love it when me and hubby are at home the whole day...they prefer us to sit and join them to watch cartoon shows, play game/ quiz, reading books etc.....or just sit and chit chat with them.....
So most of the time I look for simple meals to prepare coz I try not to spend too much time in the kitchen........My youngest son loves noodles....and since there's many different version of noodles available@bihun, kway teow, egg noddle, glass noodle, yellow noodle etc , I love to experiment making them in different styles.....in this post I'll share with you how i made this yummylicious VEGETARIAN CHAR KWAY TEOW.......ok then, lets check out the recipe
^ VEGETARIAN CHAR KWAY TEOW / VEGETARIAN STIR FRIED FLAT RICE NOODLES ^
500gm - fresh kway teow / flat rice noodles
150gm - vegetarian fish slices - deep fried
2 tbsp - garlic ~ chopped
200gm - bean sprouts
100gm - chives/scallions ~ i used scallion (cut into 1/2 inch long)
150gm - carrot ~ cut into long strips
3 - bean curds ~ cut into cubes and deep fried
2 tbsp - dark soya sauce
3 tbsp - chilly paste
4 tbsp - light soya sauce
1 tbsp - vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tsp - sugar ~ optional
1 tsp - ground white pepper
salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large wok. Add in the garlic and fry till its aromatic.
- Add in chilly paste and cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Lower the flame and add in the noodles, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce and vegetarian oyster sauce. Stir well.
- Add in half cup of water if needed along with the fried bean curds. Stir gently and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Season with salt, sugar and ground white pepper.
- Smash up the fried vegetarian fish and add it to the noodles together with the beansprouts, carrot strips and chives/scallions.
- Let it cook for further 2 minutes. Check the seasoning, dish out. and serve immediately.