GLASS NOODLES...... a quick intro on the noodles.....its called glass noodles because it turns transparent when cooked. This noodle is kept dry and soaked in water before in use. I love its slight chewy texture and it makes a nice quick meal on a busy day. I had prawns and some chicken fillet too.......was cracking my head on what to cook for dinner while driving back home......and finally i settled for this....its been sometime since i made a dish using glass noodles....actually been years...hahahahaha!!! I made this dish within 30mins.....its so simple to make....and super fast!!
Ok then, lets check out the ingredients friends.....
^ STIR FRIED GLASS NOODLES WITH PRAWNS AND CHICKEN ^
200gm - glass noodles ~ soaked in warm water
100 gm - prawns ~ peeled & cut into small pieces
150gm - chicken fillet ~ cut into small pieces
2 tbsp - garlic ~ chopped
2 - eggs ~ lightly beaten
1/2 cup - carrot ~ shredded
1/2 cup - beansprouts / mung bean sprouts
1/3 cup - daun kucai / chives ~ i didn't have stock
2 tbsp - fish sauce
1 tsp - ground white pepper
1 tbsp - dark soya sauce
light soya sauce - according to taste
salt to taste
sugar to taste - optional
- Drain the glass noodles and set aside.
- Season the prawns and chicken fillet with ground white pepper and light soya sauce and set aside.
- Heat oil in the wok and fry the garlic till aromatic.
- Add in the chicken and prawns and stir fry until its cooked.
- Add in the shredded carrot and season with light soya sauce and fish sauce.
- Reduce the heat push everything to one side of the wok. Add in the eggs and wait for it to get cooked and scramble it.
- Throw in the glass noodles and sprinkle some water if its too dry. Keep stirring.
- Add the dark soya sauce to get a mild brown colour.
- Adjust the seasoning to suit your taste. Add in the sugar, salt and ground white pepper if necessary. I didn't use salt.
- Lastly add in the chives and beansprouts. Give it a gentle stir and cook for 2 minutes and dish out.
A SUPER FAST YUMMY TREAT!!!