Hello there......I'm all smiling now as I'm composing this post......mainly because my FB Page have been getting some good feedback recently.....TQ to all who have liked my page and for others I personally invite you to view my ART OF ARUSUVAI page on Facebook and don't forget to hit the LIKE button yah...and for those who are in Google Plus....let's get connected as well....TQ in advance !!
OK back to my post for today.....it's a dish that I made last weekend. I love fried chicken anytime.......this recipe was some kind of trial and error recipe which I tried during Diwali last year.....I was keep adding all sort of ingredients to suit my taste ...and after a few attempts it's now a perfect fried chicken for me.....I love the sweetness taste from the fennel and coriander seeds which gives this chicken an extra taste and nice aroma....and the hot taste from the chilly paste mix with ground black pepper was fantastic......the chicken will have a slight red colour because of the chilly paste........You may also add in some curry leaves while frying the chicken. Alright then. let's check out the ingredients.......
^ SPICY MASALA FRIED CHICKEN ^
500gms - chicken ~ cut into medium size pieces
3 tbsp - onion paste *
2 tbsp - ginger garlic paste *
1 tsp - turmeric powder *
3 tbsp - chilly paste *
2 tsp - cumin powder *
2 tsp - ground black pepper *
1 tsp - fennel seeds ~ slightly pounded *
1 tsp - coriander seeds ~ slightly pounded *
2 tbp - yogurt ~ optional *
1/2 tsp - serbuk pati ayam / maggi seasoning pwdr ~ optional *
salt to taste (reminder..kentucky flour is salt added) *
3 tbsp - corn flour
3 tbsp - rice flour
2 tbsp - kentucky flour
* pls feel free to adjust the flour amount or any of the seasoning amount to your liking and taste *
- Wash the chicken pieces and drain well. Place it in a deep bowl.
- Add in all the item marked * to the chicken and mix well. Ensure all the chicken pieces are coated well with the marinate.
- Best to let it marinate overnight or else atleast for 30mins before frying.
- Heat up the oil in a deep wok. Meantime add in the corn flour, rice flour and kentucky flour to the marinated chicken. Add in a little water if needed.
- Mix well and deep fry in hot oil till well cooked. Use medium heat.
- You may also add in some curry leaves to fry with the chicken pieces to give it a nice aroma.
- Once ready serve as it is or with chilly sauce!!