It's a quiet weekend without hubby around.....he always loves sweet stuffs especially desserts....and here's a recipe of one of his favourite dessert....GREEN BEAN DESSERT or more well known as BUBUR KACANG HIJAU. It calls for very simple ingredients....
Today, my boys surprisingly have gone to bed early and that explains how I got a chance to do a posting now.....hhhmmm..its always difficult to get time to do posting on weekends....ok friends without delaying further, let's check out the clicks and head on to the recipe.....I'm getting sleepy too....
^ GREEN BEAN DESSERT / BUBUR KACANG HIJAU ^
1 cup - green beans/mung beans/kacang hijau ~ soaked in water overnight
1/4 cup - pearl sago/pearl tapiaco
1 - screwpine leaf / daun pandan
1/2 - palm sugar / gula melaka
1/3 cup - white sugar
2 cups - coconut milk
2 cups - water ~ or as needed
salt to taste
- Boil 2 cups of water and add in the green beans. (soaked overnight to soften it)
- Add in the screwpine leaf and pearl sago.
- Boil till the greens beans and pearl sago till its soft and mushy.
- Add in the palm sugar, white sugar and salt.
- Boil till the palm sugar dissolves...the palm sugar's wonderful aroma filled up my entire kitchen :-)
- Finally add in the coconut milk and bring it to a boil.
- Switch off the stove and delicious green bean dessert is ready to be served.
Here's a picture of GULA MELAKA , Malaysia version of palm sugar!
Photo courtesy of Mr. Google...