Yes, its again a day of roasted chicken for dinner......YUM YUM YUM!! This time with a little spice to give it an uummppphhh!! Not to forget the mild flavoured BUTTERED CORN RICE and chilled FRESH FRUIT SALAD made a good combo to the spicy chicken.
As for the chicken gravy, I used the ready-made brown sauce powder given by my sister (which is available in any major hypermarket in M'sia) which u just need to add hot boiling water and mix well to get a creamy smooth gravy. I enjoyed the roasted chicken as it is.....YUMMY!!!
^ SPICED ROASTED CHICKEN WITH BUTTERED CORN RICE & FRESH FRUIT SALAD ^
600gms - chicken parts ~ I used wings & drumsticks
Marinate sauce :-
1 tsp - ginger garlic paste
2 tsp - onion paste
3 tbsp - honey
1/2 tsp - turmeric powder
2 tsp - cumin powder
2 tsp - chilly powder
3 tsp - ground chilly
1 tsp - cinnamon powder
1 tsp - crushed black pepper
1 tsp - crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp - crushed fennel seeds
1 tsp - vinegar
3 tbs - plain yogurt
2 tbs - tomato ketchup
curry leaves - chopped roughly
salt to taste
- Make deep cuts on the chicken drumsticks. Wash and drain well.
- Mix the marinate ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Rub the marinate sauce all over the chicken parts and place it in a covered container/ zipped plastic bag and straight into the fridge.
- Leave it to marinate overnight to get the perfect taste.
- Heat up your oven to 180 degrees. Set the oven to roast function (if available)
- Place the chicken parts on the wire rack with baking tray below it. Roast it for 15-25 mins or until done.
- Brush the marinate sauce onto the chicken parts every 5 minutes to ensure that it stays moist. Turn the chicken once after 10 mins.
- Once chicken is cooked, place it on a serving tray and serve it along with BUTTERED CORN RICE & FRESH FRUIT SALAD!!
For the Buttered Corn Rice, I used frozen corn kernels added 1/2 cups of milk to give it a nice creamy taste.
Fresh Fruit Salad all depends on you.....I used pineapple, honeydew, watermelon and passion fruit. Actually it was a bad idea to use the passion fruit coz the colour gets spread to other fruits but i just loved its deep magenta colour....and as u can see in the picture i used cheese mayoinnaise as the dressing...yummy!!
Ok, it's time for dinner....Come join us....:-)