Good day to all of you.......I must say that I had a busy weekend as hubby wasn't around ......Hubby had to work over the weekend :-(
I made this roast chicken specially for hubby for dinner last Sunday. The combination of lemon and garlic gave the chicken meat an amazing taste!! We had the chicken with our usual baked potatoes and that's it!! Less work and tasty dinner.....yum yum!!
^ LEMON GARLIC ROAST CHICKEN WITH POTATOES ^
Ingredients : -
1 - medium sized whole chicken
1 - lemon
1 - whole bulb garlic ~ cut into half crosswise
2 tbsp - ginger garlic paste
2 tbsp - onion paste
1 1/2 tsp - ground black pepper
1 tsp - dried rosemary
4 - large potatoes ~ cut into wedges
salt to taste
- Wash the chicken and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, onion paste, ground black pepper, dried rosemary, salt and olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Smear the paste into the chicken cavity and the chicken skin as well. Ensure that its rubbed all over the chicken evenly.
- Place it in a deep bowl covered and put into the fridge to marinate overnight.
- The next day, boil a whole lemon and garlic bulb in hot water for about 5 mins...got this idea from afc..:-)
- Prick the lemon with a fork to get the juice running out and stuff it into the chicken along with the garlic bulb (cut into half).
- Put the chicken into a baking tray (cover with foil) and roast it in a preheated oven for about 45 minutes. I set it to roast mode as usual. Save the balance of chicken marinate for the potatoes later.
- Meantime, boil the potato wedges in salted water until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- After 45 minutes, remove the foil and turn the chicken over.
- Pour out any fats that have cooked out from the chicken into a bowl.
- Place the boiled potato wedges along the chicken on the same tray. Brush the potatoes with remaining marinate from the chicken and put it back into the oven.
- Continue to roast (without the foil this time) for another 30 to 40 mins or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve warm...heaven!! :-)