CHINESE EGG FRIED RICE and CRISPY SPICY CHICKEN FINGERS . That was the menu for our dinner last night. The fried rice has a very mild taste and great for kids as well. Plus the CHICKEN FINGERS which was spicy made a good combo to this fried rice. Let's check out the ingredients for the fried rice. I added acetes a genus of prawn. They are small prawns, 1–4cm (0.39–1.6 in) long, translucent, but with a pair of black eyes. Thanks again to Mr. Wikipedia for this info on acetes.
^ CHINESE EGG FRIED RICE ^
3 cups - leftover cooked rice
1 tbsp - garlic ~ chopped
2 - large eggs ~lightly beaten
1/2 cup - long beans ~ finely chopped
1/2 cup - carrot ~ cut into small cubes
2 tbsp - acetes / udang geragau
1 tbsp - fish sauce
white pepper powder
salt to taste
- Heat a little oil in a wok. Add in the garlic. Fry till aromatic and in the acetes.
- Once the acetes is slightly golden brown in colour add in the long beans and carrot.
- Lower the flame and push everything to one side of the wok and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Let the eggs cook for a while and scramble it. Then throw in the rice and mix well.
- Season with white pepper powder, salt and fish sauce.
- Stir well. Transfer to serving plate and serve.