CEKODOK also called Kuih Kodok or Cucur or Jemput-jemput, is a traditional Malaysian snack that is made with flour and banana, and is fried. It is usually round in shape and tends to vary in size. There are many varieties of this snack, some substituting the banana with anchovies, prawns, onion or corn. Tks to Mr. Wikipedia for the great info!!
OK that info above was for those friends who are not sure of what CEKODOK means.....Its a simple snack that can be made for breakfast, teatime or anytime to munch on....I made mine for breakfast today and it was so yummy. The shredded coconut gave it a very nice aroma plus it was crispy and tasted good too!! OK lets's check out the super simple recipe.....
^ BANANA FRITTER WITH COCONUT / CEKODOK PISANG DENGAN KELAPA ^
6-8 ripe banana ~ mashed
1 cup - wheat flour / tepung gandum
1/2 cup - corn flour
1/3 cup - rice flour
1/2 cup - shredded coconut
4 tbsp - brown sugar
1 tbsp - white sugar
1 - egg
salt to taste
water as needed
- First mix in all the flour, white sugar, brown sugar and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in the egg and mashed banana and shredded coconut and mix again.
- Stir well and add in sufficient water.
- Keep stirring until the brown sugar get dissolved.
- I made my mixture a night before and left it in the fridge.
- You may let it stand for about 30 minutes before deep frying in oil.
- Deep fry in medium flame and serve with a cup of tea/coffee......you might get addicted to it...:-)