Today, I'm sharing a seafood gravy recipe called SHRIMP SORAKAYA@BOTTLE GOURD CURRY for you to try. Its simple but tasty. Alrite, lets check out the recipe (I've given a rough measurement but u may always alter it to suit your taste)
^ SHRIMP SORAKAYA/BOTTLE GOURD CURRY ^
1 medium sized soorakaya/bottle gourd ~ remove skin and cut into medium sized cubes
500gms - shrimps ~ peel and devein
1 tsp - anise seed/jintan manis
1/2 tsp - fenugreek / halba
1 - large onion ~ sliced
4 cloves - garlic *
1cm - ginger *
1 - large tomato ~ cut into wedges
3 tbsp - fish curry powder
1 tbsp - chilly powder
1/2 cup - coconut milk
1/2 cup - tamarind juice (thickness according to your taste)
water ~ as needed
salt to taste
- Pound together ginger and garlic (marked *) using mortar and pestle for a better taste or you may use food processor.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add in the onion, pounded ginger garlic, fenugreek, anise seed and curry leaves.
- Fry till onion turns light brown in colour.
- Add in the shrimp. Fry for a few seconds and mix in the tomato and bottle gourd.
- Lower the heat and add in the fish curry and chilly powder. Mix well and cook a while before adding in sufficient water for the gravy. Adjust the heat to medium.
- Season with salt and tamarind juice and bring it to boil.
- Lastly add in the thick coconut milk, give it a stir and remove from heat.
- Ready to serve.
Here's a picture of Sorakaya @ Bottle Gourd....Have a good day! :-)