Roti Jala is a famous pancake in Malaysia. Its best combo is Chicken Curry, or you may have it with any other gravy of your preference. I made this for dinner as i had some leftover chicken curry. Its best to finish up the batter on the same day as it contains egg. I made mine using the traditional Roti Jala mould which i bought from Giant Hypermarket.
^ ROTI JALA / LACE PANCAKE ^
2 cups - wheat flour
1 - egg
1 cup - milk ~ I used Dutch Lady low fat milk
1 cup - water
Salt to taste
Yellow coloring - optional
- Mix in all the ingredients into a food processor / blender. Blend till smooth in texture
- Transfer the batter to a bowl.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and lightly grease it with oil
- Fill up the roti jala mould with batter
- Move the mould it in circular motion to form a lacy pattern. (Cook using low flame for about 3-5mins).
- Fold / roll the roti jala and transfer to a plate.
- Repeat the same with the balance batter.
- Serve immediately with chicken curry. YUMMY!!
That's so easy right.....and here's the picture of the mould that i used.