Roasted chicken....hhmmm who will say NO to it rite?? just looking at a picture of roasted chicken will make anyone hungry.....Yesterday on the way home after work, I managed to pick up 2 whole chicken thighs at a nearby supermarket for dinner. I wanted to roast this chicken thighs but was still undecided on the flavour.......As i reached home, as I glanced through my kitchen pantry I took out a few of the following ingredients which is commonly used in any roast chicken recipe. Potatoes, carrots and onions!! The balance ingredients were the basic ones used in my usual roast chicken recipe....
I always prefer to marinate the chicken a day before roasting to get the best flavour of it . Since I was in the mid of rushing, I just managed to get the chicken marinated for about 15-20mins . No regret though because the chicken still tasted fantastic.
The chicken cooked well and the potatoes, carrots and onions sure added a nice flavour to the dish. I didn't make any gravy for the chicken because i didn't want the gravy to overwhelm the original flavour of it.....plus the chicken was already moist and juicy!! Do try it and I'm sure you'll agree with me...fast and simple roast chicken recipe!! :-)
Felling hungry already ?? :-) OK, let's check out the recipe....
^ ROASTED CHICKEN WITH POTATOES, CARROTS & ONIONS ^
2 - whole chicken thigh ~ wash and pat with kitchen towel till dry
3- large potatoes ~ cut into wedges *
1- carrot ~ cut into desired size *
1 - large onion ~ cut into wedges *
3 cloves - garlic ~ pounded
1/2 - onion ~ pounded
3 tbsp - oyster sauce
2 tsp - honey
1 tsp - white pepper powder
1/2 tsp - crushed black pepper
1/2 tsp - sugar
1 tspn - chicken stock (liquid or granules)
salt to taste ~ i didn't use
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinate in a bowl.
- Pour it over the chicken and rub it all over, even into the skin as well.
- Let it set aside. Meantime, boil some water in a small pot. Season it with salt. Add in the potato wedges and carrot cubes and boil for about 10mins and drain ( This will make the potatoes and carrots soft inside and slightly crispy on the outside when we roast it along with the chicken later )
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Place the chicken on the wire rack with a square tin below to stock up the drained fats from the chicken later.
- Set your oven to roast function for 20-25 mins. Turn over the chicken every 10 mins and brush it with the remaining leftover marinate.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place it in a new bake tray. Top it with potatoes, carrots and onions (mix in the veges with some salt, dried basil leaves and olive oil )
- Brush some butter on the chicken and roast it again for about 5-10mins. Once ready serve with baked beans and any salad of your favourite.