Cempedak is a fruit resembling the jackfruit. The taste of the fruit is similar to the jackfruit with a hint of durian. Thanks to Wikipedia for this information. :-)
DEEP-FRIED CEMPEDAK / CEMPEDAK FRITTERS is one of my family's favourite snack....we have it for teatime or even for breakfast. Lets check on the recipe.....and here's a picture of cempedak for those who can't figure out what fruit it is....
^ DEEP-FRIED CEMPEDAK / CEMPEDAK FRITTERS ^
15 - 20 cempedak pulps
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/3 cup corn flour
1/3 cup rice flour
yellow colouring ~ optional
salt to taste
water ~ as needed
- Add in all the flour and salt in a deep bowl.
- Mix well and add in sufficient water to make it into a batter.
- Season with salt and set aside for 5 minutes
- Ensure that the batter is not too watery.
- Dip each cempedak pulp into the batter and deep fry in hot oil until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Serve hot and black coffee/tea. Enjoy!!