A big hello to everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. Feeling so tired today, its been a busy weekend for me. As our weekend treat I made this for breakfast last Saturday...... I've always love the sweet aroma of cinnamon. The cinnamon powder that I added to this bread pudding definitely gave it a great flavor too. Try it, I'm sure you'll love it too!! Alright then, let's have a look at the recipe.
^Cinnamon Bread Pudding With Vanilla Custard Sauce^
Cinnamon Bread Pudding
8 slices - white bread ~ I used Gardenia's bread, cut into two triangle and buttered on both sides
2 - eggs *
1 1/2 cup - milk *
1/3 cup - sugar ~ I replaced with condensed milk *
1 tsp - cinnamon powder *
1 tbsp - corn flour *
2 tbsp - fine sugar ~ to sprinkle on top of pudding
4 tbsp - mix fruits ~ to sprinkle on top of pudding
2 tbsp - custard powder
4 tbsp - sugar
1 cup - milk
1 tsp - vanilla essence
- Grease a baking pan with butter and arrange all the buttered bread slices into the pan.
- In a separate bowl whisk ingredients marked * till all are mixed well
- Pour over the bread, pressing down so that the bread is submerged
- Sprinkle with sugar and the mixed fruits
- Preheat oven at 150 degrees and bake pudding for 30 minutes, then increase the oven temperature to 210 degrees and bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes until the top is golden brown and puffed.
- To prepare the custard sauce, add in all the four ingredients into a steel bowl and mix well
- In a separate deep pan, bring water to boil. Place the steel bowl with the mixture into the pan and keep stirring the mixture till it gets thicken and creamy. U may add in a little hot water if its too thick in texture.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and let the sauce cool down. Place a cut of the pudding on a plate and top it with the custard sauce.
- Serve the pudding immediately with the sauce. Best served warm!! Voila :-)
Note : U may serve the custard sauce chilled. Warm pudding topped with chilled sauce....wow I just love it!