Good Afternoon friends, how are you today?? I would love to share with all of you a recipe of my beloved mum on a simple breakfast/snack menu called CEKODOK/FRITTERS. You may alter the ingredients to suit your taste. I always love mine to be a little spicy though. Its a great snack for kids too. Made this for today's breakfast and here's the recipe:-
^Cekodok Jagung / Corn Fritters^
2 1/2 cup - wheat flour
1/2 cup - Corn kernel ~ I used frozen kernels
1 - red onion ~ chopped into small pieces
2 - green/red chilly ~ cut into desired size
daun kuchai / chives - as needed & cut into 1/2 inch long
Salt ~ according to taste
Water - as needed
- Mix in the flour with salt in a deep bowl.
- Add in sufficient water and stir well. Ensure that the mixture isn't too watery.
- Later add in the onion, chilly, corn kernels. Mix well.
- Let it stand for at least 30 mins before frying.
- Add in the daun kuchai/chives just before frying.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry using medium heat and serve it with chilly sauce or as it is! Yummy!! :-)
1. You may also add in fresh shrimps@cut into small pieces or slightly pounded deep fried anchovies for a non-veg treat.
2.Add in 1-2 tbspn of chilly paste if you prefer it spicy!!