Hi, how did you spend your weekend?? I had a fantastic time with my family and friends. Last saturday was one of my good friend's "Valaikapu@Seemantham@Baby Shower" function. It was a gala feast....guests were served a complete traditional indian vegetarian food on banana leaf. I made for her two different types of candy@Coconut Peppermint Candy & Coconut Almond Candy and a bowlful of Gulab Jamun. Sorry I didn't had chance to snap any photo of these sweet delicacies as I was rushing for the function.
Yesterday, I made Nasi Lemak/Coconut Rice and Sambal Sotong Kembang/Cuttlefish Sambal. .....hubby enjoyed it and I was so glad that I made the sambal less spicy because both my toddlers had the same sambal gravy without any complaint.....It was a complete HAPPY MEAL for all of us :-)
^NASI LEMAK / COCONUT RICE^
Ingredients for Rice :-
2 1/2 cups of rice ~ wash and soak in water for about 10 mins
1 cup - thick coconut milk
Water - according to your own measurement
2 - Screw pine leaves ~ cut into 4 inches long
1/2 tspn - fenugreek seeds
salt ~ according to taste
1/2 tspn - cooking oil
- Wash the soaked rice and drain the water.
- Add in the coconut milk, water, salt, screw pine leave & fenugreek seeds.
- Cook the rice in rice cooker.
- Once rice is cooked switch off the cooker.
- Wait for about 5 mins and stir the rice with wooden spatula.
- Serve with sambal, boiled eggs, fried anchovies, fried peanuts and cucumber slices.