^SAMBAL SOTONG KEMBANG / CUTTLEFISH SAMBAL^
2 - sotong kembang / cuttlefish ~ wash and cut into desired size
1 - lemongrass ~ crushed
1 - bombay onion / yellow onion ~ cut into rings
20 - dried chillies ~ soaked in hot water*
1 tspn - shrimp paste / belacan *
1 inch - galangal *
2 - red onions *
3 cloves - garlic *
1/2 tspn - tamarind paste
1 cup - water
sugar ~ according to taste
salt ~ according to taste
- Make a paste of the items marked * by adding needed water and 1 tspn cooking oil using the blender/food processor.
- Heat oil in a deep wok. Add in the blended paste and crushed lemongrass. Cook until oil floats on top.
- Add in the bombay onion rings and mix well.
- Add in water and tamarind paste
- Let it come to a boil. Mix in the sotong kembang/cuttlefish.
- Cook until the gravy thickens. Season with salt and sugar.
- Dish out and serve.
Yummy.....Nice combo for Nasi Lemak. Try it !!