^ Fried Bihun/Vermicelli ~ Gk's Style^
1 packet of bihun/vermicelli ~ soaked in room temperature water
1 onion & 3 cloves of garlic ~ pound till smooth
1 tbspn - dried shrimp - soaked in hot water and pound till smooth
8 - 10 vegetable fish ball ~ cut into half and fried a little
2 - bean curd ~ deep fried and cut into cubes
3-4 tbsp chilly paste ~ pls adjust according to your level of spiciness
2 tbspn - oyster sauce
1 tspn - chilly sauce
1 tspn - dark soya sauce
cabbage - chopped into medium size
fresh parsley - cut into 1 inch long ~ I added more of this
1 cup - water
salt according to taste
- Heat oil in a large wok. Add in the pounded onion and garlic and fry till it turns a little brown.
- Reduce the heat and add in the dried shrimp and chilly paste. Fry till the oil separates from the paste.
- Pour in the water and increase the heat. Season with salt, oyster sauce, chilly sauce and the dark soya sauce.
- Let the water boil and add in the fried fish ball ~ get it cooked further so that it will be soft for my toddlers to eat :-)
- Drain the bihun and give it a few cuts before adding it into the wok.
- Stir it well so that it the flavor is spread evenly into the bihun.
- Throw in the chopped fresh parsley and give a quick stir
- Transfer to serving plate and serve it with fried eggs and keropok ikan parang.... Yummy!! :-)