Tempura prawns is one of my favorite seafood item but this time I wanted to taste it with some breadcrumb coating so I tried out this recipe to suit my taste bud. As i mentioned earlier, I made this as a side dish for the Fried Bihun. Lucky me, I had a packet of breadcrumbs at home....:-)
^Deep Fried Crispy Prawns ^
500gms - Large Prawns ~ peel and vein (i kept the tail intact)
1/2 tspn - lightly crushed black pepper
1/2 tspn - white pepper powder
1-3 tspn - chilly powder ~ adjust according to your spiciness level
Maggi seasoning powder ~ i used anchovy powder
1 - egg ~ lightly beaten
Salt - according to taste
3 tbspn - tempura flour
2 tbspn - rice flour
- Place the cleaned prawns in a deep bowl.
Add in the black pepper, Maggi seasoning powder and chilly powder. Leave it aside for 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add in the tempura flour, rice flour, white pepper powder and salt.
- Mix the flour mixture and add it into the marinated prawns and toss well.
- Place breadcrumbs in a separate plate and the beaten egg in a bowl.
- Heat up the oil for shallow frying in a deep pan.
- Dip the flour coated prawn into the beaten egg and then into the breadcrumb and straight into the hot pan.
- Adjust the heat to medium so that you don't get your prawns burned up!!
Enjoy this Crispy Prawns while its still hot dipped with any of your favorite sauce....I had it with my all time favorite Maggi Chilly Sauce!!