Hi how you doing?? Here's a simple yummy fish dish which I made couple of weeks ago. My hubby loves sweet & sour sauce and this was for him. I used siakap/seabass fish. You may also use any other fish as per your liking...i.e. ikan kurau merah, ikan kerapu etc. I didn't add in some of the ingredients as I made this in a rush so I just added in whatever ingredients which I already had in my fridge/pantry.
^SWEET & SOUR SIAKAP FISH^
I whole fish ~ cleaned and cut open into butterfly shape
(i used siakap/seabasss)
Pat dry the fish with kitchen towel. Season it with oyster sauce and rub on some corn + tapioca flour.
2 tbsp - ground chilly paste
chilly sauce - as needed
tomato sauce - as needed
thai chilly sauce - optional
zucchini - cubed ~ as needed
1- ripe tomato - cut into wedges
ripe pineapple cut - cubed ~ as needed ( i had no stock)
red onion - cut into wedges ( i didn't add in)
salt to taste
sugar to taste ~ optional
chopped cilantro (i had no stock)
- Heat oil in a deep wok to fry the fish. Ensure the oil can cover the whole fish so that the fish will cook evenly.
- Transfer the fish into the wok once the oil is hot. Ensure the oil is really hot before putting in the fish so that the fish don't stick onto the wok and break later.
- Gently turn the fish to cook the other side of it and later transfer it to a serving plate.
- Now using a deep pan heat a little oil and add in the ground chilly paste.
- Cook till oil floats on the surface. Reduce the flame.
- Now add in the onion wedges along with the sauce (chilly, tomato and thai chilly).
- Add in about 1/2 cup of water for the sauce and bring it to a boil.
- Season with salt and sugar and throw in the cubed zucchini, tomato & pineapple.
- Cook for less than a minute and pour over the sauce onto the fried fish.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro and enjoy it while its still hot with white rice!!