HELLO FRIENDS.......at last today i managed to get in touch with all of you!! As much as i wish to post atleast once in a week....I really couldn't find time to do so :-(
PIZZA.....out of ten, I'm sure nine will say YES to pizza!! YESS I too love pizza anytime, anywhere...as a meal or snack.......easy to make and very easy to EAT as well!! :-)
My boys have started to show interest in pizza.....compared to earlier, their food desire have changed a little now. So I thought it will be fun to get them both involved in making the pizza. Both were super excited when I invited them to b my special helper for the day. Each got a chance to put the toppings for the hawaiian pizza...their added lots of sausages and cheese and very little pineapple chunks and zero mushrooms!! My version of hawaian pizza come with mushroom.... :-)
I made my hawaiian pizza using two different sausages to suit my preschoolers' taste but you may opt to use chicken ham, chicken chunks or minced chicken meat as per your liking. I used honey sausage and smoked sausage. Loved the taste of honey sausage but the smoked sausage was a bit tasteless...I must remember to replace the smoked sausage to either cheese sausage (for my boys) or pepper sausage (for me and hubby) when I make this pizza again next time.
I used the store bought traditional spagetthi sauce as the pizza base sauce...I picked up the KIMBALL brand spagetthi sauce because the sauce was thick and not runny compared to PREGO brand!! ......Ok peeps lets check out my clicks....feast your eyes before heading on to the super simple recipe....I used about 500gms of flour for the dough and managed to get 6 regular sized pizza!!
^ HAWAIIAN CHICKEN PIZZA & SEAFOOD PIZZA ^
500gm - wheat flour
1 tsp - yeast ~ i used mauripan instant yeast
warm water - as needed
salt to taste
sugar - optional
olive oil - few drops
- Combine salt, sugar and yeast into the warm water and mix well. Let it stand for about 10 mins)
- Pour in the yeast mixture little by little into the flour and using a mixer combine the ingredients well.
- Add in a few drops of olive oil while the mixer is running and add in the yeast mixture as needed.
- The dough will form to be a soft ball.
- I divided the dough into two and placed it into two separate large bowls. (Lightly grease the bowl before using)
- Cover the bowl with damp cloth and set aside to rise.
Pizza base before being baked
mayonnise ~ as needed
shredded mozarella cheese
- First grease the pizza pan with a little oil (I used canola oil) and sprinkle with a little semolina to get a crispy base.
- I divided the dough in a bowl into three.
- Grease your hands with oil and start stretching the dough onto the pizza pan.
- Push up the dough to make a rim and then prick some holes onto the dough using a fork and set aside covered with cling wrap for about 10 mins
- I baked the pizza base for about 10 mins and then top it with the spagetthi sauce and a layer of shredded mozarella cheese.
- Then the next layer is the sausages, pineapple chunk and mushrooms.
- Spread some mayonnaise and another layer of mozarella cheese and back to the oven till the crust gets browned.
- VOILA....Enjoy your pizza while its warm....
before adding in the sauce and last layer of cheese...
1 can - tuna ~ I used tuna in olive oil
mayonnaise + dijon mustard sauce
thousand island sauce
frozen corn kernels
- Mix the tuna with a little salt, dried basil leave and ground black pepper. Set aside.
- On to the baked pizza base, spread some mayonnaise + dijon mustard sauce.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of mozarella cheese (this is to ensure that the topping doesn't fall off) and followed by the tuna mixture.
- Arrange the crabsticks and sprinkle some corn kernels.
- Top it with some chilly sauce and thousand island sauce. (Use moderately)
- Another layer of cheese and back to the oven for 10 mins or until crust gets browned. ENJOY!!!